Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Holly - Shirts are Here

It's Tuesday, and I had to take my parcel to Kaunas today, otherwise they'd send my parcel back to Indonesia.

What parcel? Well that's some t-shirts from Bali, Indonesia. We call it Barong shirt. My family went there 2 weeks ago, and some students wanted to buy that t-shirts. So I told my mom to buy it and ship it to Lithuania. It had arrived last week, but I didn't have time to take it. Today was the deadline, and it's my only available day.

I was super lucky cos a student from the first shift, Lina, really cared about the t-shirts and helped me. Not only her, but also her family and relatives. Thanks Lina!

So Zana and I went from our dorm at around 6.10 (Zana didn't have any presentation today). We took the 2G bus and headed to the train station. We met Lina at around 7, then we bought the ticket, and went to Kaunas by train.









It took around 1 hour to go to Kaunas city. We arrived at around 8.45, then waited for some time until Lina's grandma came. She was super friendly omg!



Lina's relative came to pick us up from the station. Her name is Kristina, and she drives a car. She brought us to TNT, where my parcel was saved.




Lina didn't have her seat belt, so we linked our arms lol

The procedure was really complicated. We had to go back and forth (literally). We even had to go to the airport to pay for something (we had to transfer the money). So after some hours, I finally got my 5-kgs parcel. Thank you Kristina for helping me. She helped me with the forms, translations, transportation, everything!

And there was a miracle. Actually in the email, they said that I have to pay 120 Litas, plus 5 Litas/day. But I don't know why I only had to pay less than 60 litas today. Cool!



Kaunas Airport

The lady in the bank with my 100 litas :')
Finally I saw my parcel
FINALLY

Thank you :')
To be honest, I don't wanna do this again. It's so stressful. Really.
Then we all went to a small mall, then took a bus and went to a place where we could see the panorama. We had to climb up the stairs to get to that hill. So we all climbed there, and we saw these beautiful panorama!

nice pose, Zana


















After that, Lina's grandma took us to her apartment in the old town. Her place was amazing, and it's in the old town! We had some rest there, and re-pack my t-shirts. I threw away the box, and put all the t-shirts inside the bag. That was better hahaha.















So we were hungry. Of course. So we went through the Old Town to look for a Charlie's Pizza. It was kinda far, but we saw some beautiful places along the way.


Then we walked around the Old Town and finally met Lina's brother and walked around for some time, before we left Kaunas. He's really nice, just like Lina hahaha.














Kaunas Castle











We had to take the train at 17.55. We were almost late, but we didn't LOL


Zana bought the ticket for us. Once again, I couldn't get the discount because I'm not a European. Well it sucks. I had to pay 18 Litas while Zana and Lina had some discounts. I guess they had to pay around 14 Litas.

I had some chats with Lina (while Zana was sleeping hihi), and I tried to read some words in Lithuanian. I know I'm suck hahahahaha.

By the way, Lina is really good at languages! She could speak in many languages! Cool, Lina <3

So I spent around 1 hour in the train. Then we got off the bus. I was really surprised when I got off. Three students from the second shift of the summer camp suddenly scream "hoy find your way" to us hahaha. That surprised me! Thanks Rusne, Aida, and Vyto! Thanks for coming, thanks for your time! It was short, but I'll never forget that all my life <3

Thanks for coming guys!! I love you all <3
Thanks Lina, Rusne, Aida, Vyto, and Zana!

Oh and these are the Barong shirts





No comments:

Post a Comment