Monday, July 28, 2014

SKYDIVING

Few weeks ago, I had a discussion with my fellow interns about going sky diving someday after the camp. I was really excited about this cos sky diving is one of the things that I wanna do before I die hahaha.

The problem was : it's expensive!

I got some information that it costs around 220 Litas to jump alone (without an instructor) from 1 km height, and 380 Litas to jump with an instructor from 3 km height. Of course I prefer the first option . It's cheaper and more challenging.

So yesterday I've made my mind. I wanted to go for a 1 km skydiving for 220 Litas.

This morning Joyce, Zana, Fasya, and I went to the stotis, met up with Daniel, Arturas, and Erika, then went to the skydiving place.




We arrived at Vilniaus Skydiving Club, and tried to register for the 1 km skydiving.





Here came the bad news. We couldn't do the solo jump because there was no instructor who can speak English (because we need to listen to the instructions). We were so desperate that we couldn't make it because today's the only chance for us to do this.


Daniel and Arturas decided to jump (of course because they know Lithuanian language), and we decided to go back because we didn't want to wait for 3 hours doing nothing.


But we have a problem with the transportation. We had to wait for Evelina's friend to pick us up from that place, and it took so long!

I waited for so long that I changed my mind. I decided to jump from 3 km height with an instructor. Well it was super expensive, but it's a now or never for me. And because of that, I decided to take a video and some pictures of me while doing the skydiving. I needed to pay 170 Litas more. So by total, I had to pay 550 Litas for a jump. Interesting.


But actually we were lucky that we had Erika with us. She's Arturas' girlfriend, and she didn't jump. So she stayed with us, and helped us to translate everything. We might not do it if she wasn't there. Thank you so much, Erika! I love you so much!


So, Zana and I were the first ones to jump. I didn't want to wait for too long hahaha. So I wore all the suit and belts required. Actually the suit was not a must, but I wanted to look professional. So I decided to weat that colorful suit. I look like a clown. I know. Thanks <3










I was so lucky (again) that I got a super friendly and nice instructor, Justas. He's so tall and muscular, so I wasn't worry at all about my safety (at least I won't die alone, Fasya said). He explained to me about everything, especially about Banana Position. It was the most important thing I guess hahaha.



So I prepared myself, entered the airplane, then flied for about 20 minutes i guess. I was sleepy to be frank hahaha.







When it reached 3 km, the alarm rang, and we jumped one by one. It was super cool! Hmm I couldn't breathe at first. I guess it was because of the air pressure. But then, it was really amazing! I could see the whole city from there!






































Check out my video!


Well Zana and I were the first ones to jump. So we had to wait for the others to jump too. What did we do while waiting for the others? You know what. hahaha


































Joyce and Fasya also jumped from 3 km height, while Daniel and Arturas jumped from 1 km height. Check this out!






















It was really fun to go skydiving! I wanna say a super big thanks to our instructors and cameraman!







We finally left at around 7 PM, and everyone was so tired. But we're glad that we would have a Czech dinner at our dorm!


Vendy was in the kitchen! She was cooking our Czech dinner when we arrived. So excited!


She cooked soup, and that was really great! She should open a restaurant soon hahaha.




She also gave us some chocolates from Czech, and she also made our dessert! Today was perfect! Thanks a lot Wendy!! <3





No comments:

Post a Comment