Friday, August 1, 2014

A Day in Riga, Latvia

I love our hostel. But we only stayed there for a night. I hope all hostels in the world look (at least) like this hihi.






So today we went around the city, and looked at some beautiful places in Riga. Well Riga is so beautiful, but for me personally, it’s too crowded.














Then at around 12, we went to meet a local guide that gave us a small tour. He’s really nice, but I’m not really interested in architecture. So for me, it was kinda boring. It was even worse when the rain started.



I love this statue. It looks like someone is taking selfie LOL
So we all entered a museum (I guess it’s an architecture museum), and it costs 3.5 Euros to enter that museum. So expensive! That’s why I didn’t enter the museum. But luckily, Zana had my phone and took some beautiful pictures of the museum. Thanks Zana!






It was still raining when we finished the tour in the museum. So we decided to end the tour and went to the city center to have our lunch. Well I spent about 6.5 euros for my lunch. That might be my most expensive meal during my exchange experience haha.





Then we went around the city center to take a look at some beautiful places. Veranika really wanted to see the three brothers, so we all went around the city center to look for that three brothers.





I laughed so hard when we finally found the three brothers. It wasn’t like I expected before. The houses were not big, and it looked like three ordinary building in the old town. But that was still beautiful.




We still had three hours to spend our time there. So Fasya, Youssef, and I went together to look for some souvenirs, while the others went to some other places.

This is my favorite! But it's so expensive :(

We had to meet up at Mc Donald at around 5.30 PM. But it was raining so hard at that time. So we ran really fast to Mc Donald, because we didn’t bring our umbrellas. We were super duper wet.

We were not in our good form LOL
Then we went back to our hostel, changed our clothes, went to the bus station, and took the bus. I’m really glad that this bus has wifi connection and some plugs for charging. That’s why this post exists.





I LOVE RIGA, except for the crazy weather. Seeya soon Riga! :')


No comments:

Post a Comment